Bringing the library to those that need it most.
Over the past 5 years, we have worked to get our community to come to the library and to demonstrate its important role in supporting a love of life-long learning. It is time to begin bringing the library to those that can’t get to it. To begin our outreach efforts, we are partnering with several other service organizations such as The Meadowlands Campus, The Kendall County Women’s Shelter and Hill Country Family Services. These organizations have been identified as being in need of books and information about the resources available at the library. Your donation will make it possible to:
- Fill the shelves of their libraries with books that encourage reading
- Provide information on the programs and services available at the library
- Give each person a book that they can keep
- Fund additional Early Literacy Stations at the library
- Implement a community wide programs and teaches reading to all ages
You can help us demonstrate that literacy, learning and libraries are gifts that no one can take away. If you would like to become a volunteer with Boerne Reads, we need help in the following areas:
- Prepare donated books for distribution
- Distribute books to various locations around town
- Read to and read with children at the Meadowlands and at the Women’s Shelter
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how you can get started!