Support at Work
We are putting your support into action every day. As we learn about literacy needs, we work to understand how we can help and how we can impact lives with the power of literacy. Over the last several years, we have forged partnerships with other organizations and the results are continuing to grow.
- Over 15,000 books have been distributed to local crisis facilities in the last 2 years
- 980 new books were given to children within our schools during the 2017-2018 school year
- Books have been given to children participating in the Community Coalition’s Pop Up Dinners
- 250 backpacks filled with library information and a copy of Oh The Places You Will Go were distributed to the Kendall County Women’s Shelter and the Meadowlands Campus at the beginning of 2018
- Since 2012, the Foundation has funded over $70,000 for free musical concerts offered at the PHPL
- Starting with the opening of the PHPL, to date the Foundation has provided more than $42,000 for local and nationally recognized art exhibits – all free at the PHPL.
- The BPLF, in partnership with the Majestic Ranch Arts Foundation and the City of Boerne, provided the funds for the Amphitheater at the Library
- Provided the library with over $50,000 for the Summer Learning Odyssey since 2012
Future Funding Projects
Our effectiveness is in anticipation of needs and in partnerships that help us understand how we can effect change with stewardship of our donor’s support. With a look to the coming year, we have several funding projects where your support can make a difference.